PDA

View Full Version : GUA New Member Board Application and Information

tclifford
04-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I am pleased to share with you the new GUA Board Member Application and Information. As existing members transition off the Board, we need to ensure new GUA Board members continue to build value for our members and Kodak. We are looking for individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise that represent graphic industry thought leadership and various graphic solutions applications and market segments. We welcome your candidate application and please forward to those who may be interested and excited to serve on the GUA Board.

Thank you.

susan
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Guess this is not a true users group anymore when the users are not allowed to select new board members only the board is. Interesting rules of engagement!

pstuart
04-22-2010, 06:49 PM
How is this any more or less a users group?

Having equal representation from all segments and making sure that the employer supports the employee's participation and attendance are huge steps in the right direction in my opinion.

Rather then a simple majority rules attendees select the board approach, basically a popularity contest, this new method seems to seek balance across market segments and ensure participation by the board members.

I don't see anywhere that the board won't listen to users, or will decrease any participation, so how is this less of a users group?

I applaud the efforts of the GUA Board to bring parity to the board and set limits to term and open up the nomination process to all people, not just those lucky enough to attend the annual conference and be voted by a small minority of the overall membership.

I hope this means more people will step up and want to participate.

Change is good.

tclifford
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Susan,

Is this different then in the past. The GUA is no less a user run org then it was when it was the CUA or CSUA.

We had a super successful conference and the collaboration between Kodak and the users has never been better. The board is changing; we have new names and faces joining the ranks. I'm excited about the possibilities and the forward momentum since the 2010 conference.

We missed you!

Thomas

Guess this is not a true users group anymore when the users are not allowed to select new board members only the board is. Interesting rules of engagement!

susan
04-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I think these Rules of Engagement are very one sided. Did Kodak's lawyers write it?

Having different member segments represented us is no problem but it only talks about what are the requirements of the Users Members (customers) and nothing about what is required from Kodak (the vendor). The worst part is #9.

Do the Users' still own this forum, that is not addressed? Do the Users' still own the membership data and it is not to be used for Kodak's marketing or sales purposes? Do the Users' still own the brand? What are Kodaks' responsibilities? What is Kodak going to pay for? Members with this agreement will have no voting rights. The Board Members will have to sign NDA so they can't tell the members anything even if they wanted to. How does this serve us?

By the way have any you read the fine print in the sales contract lately? There is a NDA in it where you cannot discuss your pricing with anyone.

sharpy98
10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Have the new board members been appointed and announced yet? Just wondering if I missed it.

tclifford
10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
New board members selected at Graph Expo...and notified last friday.. full announcement coming this week...

tc