PDA

View Full Version : Colorflow capabilities

eric1
06-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Would Colorflow be a replacement for something like Profile Maker. Can you create profiles with it? Also, can you edit profiles with it?
If that is the case, what is the need for curves and other capabilities?

david.herder
06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Definitely ColorFlow Pro Workflow v1.1 has the ability to replace ProfileMaker for profiling CMYK output devices. It can create device ICC profiles, DeviceLink profiles, and can edit DeviceLink profiles (input/output tonality, whitepoint edits).

Version 1.2 will bring the capability to edit device ICC profiles in both Source and Destination edit modes as well as added editing capability (dark point, selected color, grey balance). These additional modes will be available for both DeviceLink and Device ICC profile edits.

ColorFlow also creates calibration curves via Tonal Match and Grey Balance methods. This is useful in calibration of "curved" devices such as offset presses where colormatching via DeviceLinks can still be implemented but the addition of 1D cal curves is deemed to be the "first step" in controlling color.

regards,
dave

eric1
06-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks David. Is that something we can demo. Actually I'm not sure if I am ready to demo the full version yet as I haven't even wrapped my head around the parts that we already have. I'm just getting into reading the notes and watching the demo stuff. So far my problem is that it doesn't really make a distinction between the pro version and the regular one.

jstotz
06-04-2010, 02:39 PM
How does Colorflow (standard and pro) compare to the IDEAlliance Curve2 software?