View Full Version : xerox 700

06-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi Anybody using a Xerox 700.

Any feedback would be appreciated on color consistency, reliablity, as a digital device etc.

Many thanks

06-07-2010, 07:23 PM
We have been using one for about a year now. We have the EFI rip in front of it. It is a nice little device, but there have been issues with some patterning in mid-tone to quarter-tone fills over large coverages. Also, while you can get the thing to back up with lots of adjustment parameters, there is some bounce from sheet to sheet that can happen throughout a run. You can run up to 14 point stock, but expect to wait. The thicker the stock, the slower it goes. And don't even think about mixing media, the thing slows to a crawl. Unless your runs are in the teens, you could be there for days. Anything over 80# cover you have to run through twice for back up. If you stick with text or bond stock, the thing will run 500 plus 2 sided per hour. It's when you try to get into folding or stapling (with the add on finisher) that you have more issues and slow downs. Oh, and one other thing. You can't really run 8 1/2 x 11 and 11 x 17 or 12x 18 at the same time. Letter size will mark the fuser and then you get problems on the larger stock. We have 2 fusers on hand and we limit letter size to production runs only when we change the fuser for one that is already marked. When we are done, we switch back.

06-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Many thanks Eric, very enlighting.

06-08-2010, 07:39 PM
A little more on this machine. All the stuff I said are issues, but I don't know that any other machine at that price point would be any better. They are trying to get us to upgrade to the 1000 right now. Not sure that will happen. But I am happy to have the machine.

It is basically a big color copier. As long as you don't think of it as a printing press and work within the limitations of the device, the thing does great. It is when you want to print 5000 sheets of 111# gloss cover 2 sided (and you want it tomorrow) that I get a little flustered.

If you want 500 business cards (@ 20 up is only 25 sheets) or 1000 sell sheets on 80# uncoated text (@ 2 up is only 500 sheets), then this thing is real good. But don't ask me to match last months press run because they need a couple hundred more or stuff like that.