PDA

View Full Version : Preps tiling and Adobe PJTF

barry
06-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Preps 5.2 and os x 10.4.6

I am trying to print a postscript file and getting the message "adobe PJTF output does not currently support scaling or tiling. I can print a mock-up of the template.

We have used tiling in the past with earlier versions of preps with no problems.

I am printing to .ps file to use in PSM8 and do not use protable job format. Can this be disabled. We do not need the option for protable job ticket format at all.

Thank you for help

Barry

MZarickkfg
06-08-2010, 05:08 PM
We use Preps 5.2.2 and if we want a postscript file we just Print, select PS file in the upper left Send to: drop down and print a .ps file. Have had no problems yet though we rarely use this option.

barry
06-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Thanks, but the problem is when you create a job using (PDF -> to PDF) and then print the job using tiling.

The message comes up "Adobe PJDF output does not currently support scaling or tiling. You must have a device page large enough to accommodate your output."

It does not matter if you output file will be a .ps or pdf.

So far the work around is to create job using (Mixed files -> poscript) and only use .ps files as source. Then tiling is possible when outputing the job.

Thanks again for reading my post
Barry

tapin2
06-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Barry, Preps v5 tiling was only to be used with a PS (Mixed) workflow. It was only until Preps v6 that we introduced tiling for PDF workflows.

Cheers, Patrick

sequoyah
06-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I must be missing something in tapin2's response.

As a test, using Preps 5.3.3 I output a pdf to pdf job which uses a 22.5 x 17.5 press sheet to a device with a media size of 13 x 18, with "Tile if needed" checked in the Fitting/Tiling setup, and indeed, the output was tiled into 4 pieces of media for each side of the 22.5 x 17.5 press sheets.

Granted that this would not be an efficient way to produce this job. This was just a test, but tiling does work as expected in this version of Preps. Can tapin2 please explain what limitation of 5.3.3 [Edit:", in tiling,"] is lifted in version 6?

Thanks,

Al Ferrari

tapin2
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Al, thank you I stand corrected. We did add this in the later builds of Preps 5.x when we added newer PDF features. These features became standard with Preps 6, so that is where my confusion arouse.

One use of this ability might be to generate printer spreads for customer proofing.

Cheers,