PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Users inoput needed

tclifford
06-21-2010, 05:32 PM
We are looking at purchasing Darwin Pro and would love to talk voice with users of the tools. What do you like, what do you dislike? Why did you choose Darwin over the other tools in the industry. I'd love any feedback possible on your choice to select Darwin!

RobW
08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
We use the Darwin Desktop module, exclusively for pushing VDP jobs to StoreFront so I don't think I can tell you much about using it to send jobs directly to a digital press.

We were going to upgrade to the Pro version when a Nexpress was in our future, but that seems to have been delayed indefinitely.

tclifford
08-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. We selected VDP studio from direct smile for the image personalization...

cheers

tc

ucmktg
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
We have been using Darwin for more than 5 years and we love the product.
We do unique and complex personalization including variable composed images with photoshop scripting using the Darwin engine and they work perfect. If you combine Darwin with a Creo server using VPS you get the best results for a production environment regardless the print engine that you are using.

I do recomend this product. The only complain that I have is that after they change the support structure it has been difficult to get solutions, specialy if you are pushing the product to the limits.