PDA

View Full Version : PDF files from IDCS5

sequoyah
06-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Is anyone successfully imposing pdfs from IDCS5 in PDF/PDF work? We received our first IDCS5 job and thus upgraded our IDCS4 to CS5. That new job is still undergoing edits, so it has not gotten to Preps yet.

But another IDCS4 job for which pdfs have successfully imposed in Preps 5.3.3, had some minor text edits done in IDCS5, and now pdfs from this new version crash Preps every time. This is using Preps 5.3.3 in stand alone mode on OSX 10.5.8.

This was near the end of the day, so I have not done any tests yet of simple IDCS5 pdfs (single page with just a rectangle for example). But I am posting this to see if anyone else is having any luck with pdfs from the new ID.

Thanks,

Al Ferrari

BTW, I did search the forum for IDCS5 pdfs (in various ways) but found nothing.

sequoyah
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Well, I am embarrassed to say that today the problem cannot be reproduced and Preps has no problem with the very same pdfs that were causing it to crash repeatedly yesterday. Note that yesterday's repeated attempts to solve the problem included not only fresh relaunches of Preps, but also repeated restarts of the Mac computer.

The computer was shut down for the night and restarted this morning. So the only explanation that comes to mind is that a "plain restart" of the Mac is not the same as a shut down followed by a New Start.

Al Ferrari