PDA

View Full Version : Capture functionality

rogerB
08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I have spent the better part of this morning experimenting with creating and deleting Color Setups and Devices. So, to save me some work, I tought I would create different "capture" settings.

But, now that I would want to go back to an earlier setting, ColorFlow wants to wipe out everything that was done "prior" to the particular Capture stage I want to rever to. I think this is a little extreme and inflexible, at best. Would (could) there be a way, instead, to export out the other Captures, to reload them at will? Or must we always lose all our work everytime?

best / Roger

david.herder
08-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Agreed that it is a bit extreme and there are cases (as you are describing) where you want to preserve edits for a short time. What we were trying to prevent was "curve - profile" pack-ratting where there is a scenario where there are over 300 curves in your database where more than 270 of them are no longer valid and/or incorrect. This is the reasoning behind that logic. There is an existing PR logged that calls for the re-evaluation of the snapshots so that when you Approve a new snapshot, previous snapshots are not deleted. However, reverting usually means that the edits that you have done are incorrect. In this case, deleting subsequent snapshots makes sense and prevents database bloat.