PDA

View Full Version : Can't get back into ColorFlow?

rogerB
08-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Following my attempt to revert to a previous capture state?

ColorFlow suggested the new capture state was going to kick in the next time I would start the program so I obediently exited out.

But upon restart, after the splash screen, I keep hitting the following Java error :

<DomainModelStore.java setupObjectMappingLayer 621> java.lang.Error: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException)
com.kodak.colorsetup.data.persistence.DomainModelS tore.setupObjectMappingLayer(DomainModelStore.java :621)
com.kodak.colorsetup.data.persistence.DomainModelS tore.init(DomainModelStore.java:120)
com.kodak.colorsetup.Main.startup(Main.java:337)
org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Applica tion.java:174)
java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

--

Net result: I can't restart ColorFlow anymore. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall?

Thank's / Roger

david.herder
08-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Roger,
Please open a call with the RC on this matter.

They will ask you for the following:
- log folder from the ColorFlow client \ColorFlow\log
- log folder from the Prinergy ColorFlow C:\Program Files\Kodak\ColorFlowServer\log

They may also have to dial in remotely to get a copy of your colorstore if we need to reproduce the problem here.

Just as an fyi, there was a similar snapshots error discovered in 1.1.6.1.14 that was fixed in 1.1.6.2.676. When we get the logs, we can confirm if it is the same issue or not and go from there.

regards,
dave

rogerB
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Too late, I already Uninstall and elected NOT to keep the ColorStore, in case that this is where the corrupted data resided.

I'll try to reinstall now, after restarting.

Remember, I'm on Win7.

BTW, any idea where I would find the Mac Client Installer?

Best / Roger

david.herder
08-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Roger,
The colorstore is on your Prinergy system, not local to your Win7 client machine. Keep in mind also, that ColorFlow 1.1.6.1.14 is not officially supporting Windows 7, which is fully supported in version 1.1.6.2.676.

regards,
dave

rogerB
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
David,

Which begs the question, how do we get the latest ColorFlow version wit Win7 support?

I logged a service call on eCentral already as, after re-installing, I still encounter the same error on startup.

Best / Roger

david.herder
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey Roger,
ColorFlow is distributed as a part of Prinergy at this time. Reinstalling the client will not fix this problem, as the problem exists on the server side of ColorFlow (on the Prinergy server). To get the new version of ColorFlowServer (and client), you must update your Prinergy system to 5.1.2.2. I know, this is in field testing at this time. So, as an alternative, we will have to do the best we can to either:
a) fix your colorstore
b) manually upgrade your colorflowserver component.

In either case, a service technician will perform the fix for either option a or b. Before we try option b, we need to know if upgrading will actually fix the problem, as without the logs and colorstore, we cannot determine the root cause yet.

regards,
dave