View Full Version : MatchPrint, hotfolder and A3 plain paper

08-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone :)

We have 2 new proofers, Epson 4880, with MatchPrint software.

We want to try printing, using a MatchPrint hotfolder, in A3 plain paper.

The layout was created (A3 dimensions), hotfolder is OK and we install the settings of M100DP media (I know I know... wrong media type eheheh)

The printer start running but... "wrong sheet size" :mad:

Anyone knows how to "runaround" the problem?

08-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Hi Ricardo - what the printer set for? roll or sheet?

08-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi Sue

When we made the test it was set fo sheet

08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi Ricardo,

If you have your layout set to sheet, the printer set to sheet, hotfolder properly referencing everything you should be ok to do your "test".

You can use most any MC we provide, to set up the HF but bear in mind that the TIL set for inkjet RC coated media will soak regular media. Even coated matte media, he he, has a high TIL and you will probably cockle a lot in this "test" if you are using plain A3 paper.

HOWEVER, system targets, (e.g. calibration targets) are a specific size and there a known issues with trying to calibrate or due CPCC on a different size outside of a 17 inch roll because of the necessary patch size and ordering for a specific spectro. I would not be surprised if you get a paper size error for these types of activities.

08-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Do you have to have Prinergy in order to set hotholder on Preps.?

09-13-2010, 08:20 PM

We don't take direct input from preps to a hot folder created with the open connectivity kit. you can create a suitable layout with our editor.

If you use direct connect with prinergy or prinergy evo then yes you can use preps to set up the files and have that reference.

Hope that helps