PDA

View Full Version : Ink Optimizing imported incrementals

rwilsondum
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
In a scenario where we receive Prinergy Exports (.zip) from a non colorflow workflow, for import into our ColorFlow enabled Prinergy job with an Ink optimized color setup.... what are our options... for making sure the pages are tagged with the color setup for ink optimization on final output?

Thanks

david.herder
10-28-2010, 10:54 PM
If you do not require input color management during refine, simply enable ColorFlow after you have imported the job and select a default job color setup.

The device condition that you select on output must be within the color setup of your Job Default Color Setup, as defined in Job Attributes.

regards,
dave

rogerB
11-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but, I was not aware that jobs can still be tagged for ColorFlow "after the fact". Is it as simple as Enabling ColorFlow in Job Attributes and selecting some Color Setup? Is that all? Somehow, that event gets captured in the Job parameters and is taken into consideration at FinalOutput? In other words, this approach is just as valid as having enabled ColorFlow *before* refining?

Also, this means that, next time around, when a new iteration of this job comes around, a new Job must first be created in order for ColorFlow *not* to be enabled? So that we can start this little process all over?

Best / Roger

david.herder
11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi Roger,
I'm not sure I understand your question.

Here are some behaviours with the current implementation (Prinergy 5.1.2.2) of ColorFlow integration with Prinergy:

- If you have a job already created that is not colorflow enabled, you can enable it at any time.
- You cannot disable ColorFlow once it is enabled in the Job Attributes, but you can still output with Harmony curves, and/or color convert disabled.
- If the job is colorflow enabled, you cannot refine a page with ColorConvert ON without having a refine PT that has ColorFlow ON.
- If the job is colorflow enabled, you can refine a page with ColorConvert OFF, the Job Default Color Setup and Snapshot are tagged to the page. No color conversion occurs.

Hope this helps.

dave

mdelaney2bo
11-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Dave,
you would still need to re-refine those pages in order to tag the pages, correct?

david.herder
11-09-2010, 09:39 PM
For the purposes of ouput, no, you don't have to re-refine the page. On output, the Job Default color setup and snapshot are used as the color setup for the page. If, however, you need to do color conversion on refine, then you would have to re-refine your page.

dave

rwilsondum
11-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi Dave,
For my own clarification..... (scenario) I have a job (supplied as incremental zips) that has inside pages running Swop C5 & a 4 page cover running Swop C3...(all in the same Prinergy job) I do not want any color conversion on refine ..... I want to apply appropriate curves & ink optimization on output.

1. I would set my default color setup as C5 ink optimized
2. I would import my incrementals & impose
3. I would output the inside pages using C5 ink optimized final output PT
4. Then Change my default color setup to C3 ink optimized to output covers

Is this correct?

Thanks
Rob

david.herder
11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Exactly right.