View Full Version : Colorflow Chart Error

11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I have created a Color Characterization chart in Colorflow at 203 x 254 mm, printed the chart on the device I wanted to measure however when I place the chart on my Eyeone and align the postion as requested I get an error alignment. I notice when Colorflow began to measure it referenced row "AA 27" but the chart only has 24 rows. I have verified that there was no scaling of the chart prior or during the printing process. What else can I check? Is there a know size limitations to Colorflow?

11-02-2010, 04:19 PM
A chart of that dimension for the i1iO will have 4 separate forms. The first form will have columns 1-24, the next form will have columns 25-96, etc.

The .ps file that you exported, when refined in Prinergy should produce a 4 page document, reflective of the 4 forms that need to be output. I'm assuming that you are trying to characterize a 1-up device?

11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Correct I did get the 4 pages and I selected Form 1 sheet 1 which would be Page 1 of, I load the sheet, locate the alignment targets and that when it shows that colorlfow is measuring row AA 27 \ I get an alignment error.

11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
can you email me the .ps chart so I can confirm the dimensions?

david.herder <at> kodak.com

11-02-2010, 10:17 PM
The chart seems to be measuring fine for me.

ColorFlow actually states "measuring row AA of 27". There are 27 rows in the first form of the chart that you have created, so row AA is the first of 27.

I would check to see if you've aligned the target fairly straight on the bed, sometimes that causes reading errors. Ensure that you have the target of the iO table centered exactly on the alignment patches as described in the UI.

If the above fails, the i1iO has diagnostic software that you can run to check the alignment of the device.