View Full Version : Connection lost to the Server causes Measurements to disappear?

12-13-2010, 09:10 PM
The program lost connection to the Server, from the Windows client -- I failed to capture the error message. I was measuring 10 sheets of 2 pages each. I had measured 5 sheets already when the error occured.

So, of course, when I relaunched the Client, and proceeded to the Measure area, and selected CMYK_6, everything was lost.

I thought the measurements were stored locally?

It is sad that the connection to the Server caused the measurements to be lost?

Doesn't ColorFlow keep measurement session progress in a cache area somewhere?

It looks like I am going to have to smarten up, in dwarfing ColorFlow: is it possible to measure just ONE sheet (2 pages), save it, and then come back to measure so more?

12-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, measurements are cached and if the measurement is interrupted for any reason, all that you should have to do is select the chart that you were measuring and simply click "Measure". The measurement dialog should prompt you that you have an "incomplete measurement session" and that you need to continue with that session.

If this did not happen, please reply with the version of ColorFlow/Prinergy that you are running and some detailed steps (type of chart, when the measurement connection was broken, etc) that you followed to get the error condition.