PDA

View Full Version : device conditions within a color setup

rwilsondum
12-29-2010, 04:21 PM
If I have a Prinergy job in which I am Outputting covers to a C3 print Condition and the insides to a C5 print condition. My understanding is that if my default color setup is C5, I can refine my Covers with the C3 color setup in the refine PT. and if marks do not require color management, I can output without changing the job default color setup to C3......... I also understand that to do this the output device condition must be within the color setup, as defined by the job attributes. (and I suspect that is why my C3 output fails)
I am unsure as to how the device condition for C3/press A can be within my C5/press B color setup?

david.herder
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
If I have a Prinergy job in which I am Outputting covers to a C3 print Condition and the insides to a C5 print condition. My understanding is that if my default color setup is C5, I can refine my Covers with the C3 color setup in the refine PT.

Yes.

and if marks do not require color management, I can output without changing the job default color setup to C3

Yes

I also understand that to do this the output device condition must be within the color setup, as defined by the job attributes.

More specifically, the output device condition must be within the color setup, as defined by the set of pages within the imposition being output. To assess this, enable the "Color Setup" visible column in your pages view.

(and I suspect that is why my C3 output fails)
I am unsure as to how the device condition for C3/press A can be within my C5/press B color setup?

If you are outputting surfaces for which all pages are refined to C3 and Press A's device condition is within the C3 color setup, then you should not get a failure at all. Is this what you are doing?

rwilsondum
01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Dave,
The job attribute uases a C3 color setup. I refined the pages to be output to C5 with a C5 color setup. When I output these pages using a C5 final output plan I get the following error message...

You have chosen to output to device condition 150 LPI, Coated 5, Press 20 150lpi Hostman coated 5, Offset Press - Heatset Web, CMYK but this device condition does not exist in one or more of the Imposition Marks tagged Color Setups. In order to fix this, either re-refine your pages with a Color Setup which includes 150 LPI, Coated 5, Press 20 150lpi Hostman coated 5, Offset Press - Heatset Web, CMYK or add this device condition to the color setup(s) SWOP_Coated_C3[1035174]

david.herder
01-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Do you have "Process Marks" enabled in Color Convert and/or "Calibrate Marks" enabled in the Calibration and Screening section of the PT?

rwilsondum
01-10-2011, 04:43 PM
'Process Marks' is disabled, in fact color convert is disabled ...
In Calibration and Screening there is no option to 'Calibrate Marks'
I will email you the screen grabs.
Thanks

david.herder
01-10-2011, 04:50 PM
oops, the "Calibrate Marks" checkbox is in the Marks section of the PT.

rwilsondum
01-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Ah, yes 'Honour calibration in imposition' was on in Marks... forgot about that one.
Will this affect my color bar as well?

Thanks