PDA

View Full Version : Any way to make a process color output as a spot color?

prepper
04-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Is there any way to make a process color output as a spot color? I have a lot of files that were created with cyan or magenta only for 5th and 6th colors in a 6-color job, cmyk+2 spots, but now due to some changes in workflow I need to be able to output these as spots. They are PDF files from Pagemaker with placed tiffs from Photoshop. If not in Preps do you know of any way to change the color in Acrobat or an inexpensive plugin? Trying to avoid going back and changing the Photoshop file because we have several hundred of these files.
Thanks

jcannon
04-25-2006, 06:05 PM
PitStop plugin for Acrobat although it isn't cheap at $600.00 a license.

jon
04-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Is there any way to make a process color output as a spot color? I have a lot of files that were created with cyan or magenta only for 5th and 6th colors in a 6-color job, cmyk+2 spots, but now due to some changes in workflow I need to be able to output these as spots. They are PDF files from Pagemaker with placed tiffs from Photoshop. If not in Preps do you know of any way to change the color in Acrobat or an inexpensive plugin? Trying to avoid going back and changing the Photoshop file because we have several hundred of these files.
Thanks

You could try opening the PDFs in acrobat and using ink manager, alias them to a spot color, and then print to a new file.

phibbsgraphics
04-25-2006, 08:52 PM
have you tried Presstouch?

prepper
04-25-2006, 09:25 PM
I haven't heard of Presstouch and I don't see any way to alias a process color to a spot color? Is there a way to do that? I know you can alias a spot to a process.
Thanks

sequoyah
04-26-2006, 02:07 AM
Try searching at Planet PDF. I found this for you.

http://www.onevision.com/speedflowedit.html?&L=%3E%3Coption%3EChoose%20language%3C%2Foption%3E% 3Coption%20value.

Also, what do you have to work with, just the pdfs, or do you still have the Pagemaker files? PageMaker can be scripted, so you could perhaps create a batch process there.

In general it is common to convert spots to process. But you will find that going the other way is not, and there may not be much available.

Good luck and good night.

Al Ferrari

phibbsgraphics
04-26-2006, 12:31 PM
I haven't heard of Presstouch and I don't see any way to alias a process color to a spot color? Is there a way to do that? I know you can alias a spot to a process.
Thanks
Sorry, I thought everyone that used Creo products had it.

Go to https://ecentral.creo.com/ and click on the "Self Support" tab (you may have to register for access). Then click on "Downloads" and on the next screen, on the "Choose a product" pulldown, select "Presstouch" and leave the other fields as they are. Click "Go" and you'll be taken to the download link.

Presstouch requires a dongle (I believe it's the FAF Dongle -- it shares it with PS/M). You'll then be able to select certain colors and change them

Hope this helps.
Chris

jon
04-26-2006, 06:18 PM
You only need the dongle for trapping and tiffit output.

phibbsgraphics
04-26-2006, 08:30 PM
You only need the dongle for trapping and tiffit output.
I sit corrected. :)
I wondered what I could do dongle-less on the other Macs here. Thanks Jon ;)
Chris

tlotzer
08-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Can you place the file in Quark, then Save layout as pdf choosing separated output? Or would this to much work?