View Full Version : Duplicating ColorSetup problem

01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
I want to test increasing levels of GCR on the same press.

I create new ColorSetup and name it GCR1.

I create DeviceCondition for PressX = 150lpi, C3, Eucledian

I import characterization measurements, select GCR 50% and save. Easy.

Now, I Duplicate GCR1 and rename it GCR2. Fair?

Question : do I need to specify a different DeviceCondition in order for Priinergy to pull the expected GCR level at run time, as long as I change ColorSetup around in JobAttributes?

01-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey Roger,
So long as you choose a different color setup, you can choose the same device condition as the new color setup "GCR2" will have a different DVL compared to that created in "GCR1".

01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
So, you're saying, I could effectively only have ONE common device condition and "exploit" it in different ways? Which would make the best sense conceptually.

01-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, I don't know if "exploit" would be the term that I would use. If you have several different goals for aligning one device condition to some Target, then the best way to do this is to create multiple Color Setups to reflect that goal.

01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
I created multiple ColorSetups all sharing a common Device Condition, and it works well. The only problem, at the time of selecting the DeviceCondition in the FinalOutput Process Template is that we have no knowledge of which ColorSetup this DeviceCondition corresponds to, we're kind of ink the dark. So I would suggest, if possible, that there could be some look-up to corresponding ColorSetup and display those -- just display (not editing or selecting) --, in the free area of the interface, next to the DeviceCondition drop down menu. This would help tremendously.

01-19-2011, 07:50 PM
As mentioned in http://www.mygua.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4993, I think we'll have a good solution that will resolve this.