PDA

View Full Version : Published ColorSetups

rogerB
01-18-2011, 10:37 PM
There ought to be a check box, next to each Color Setup, to determine which ColorSetup appear under DeviceConditions in FinalOutput.

Roger

david.herder
01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Why?

rogerB
01-19-2011, 12:12 AM
It does not make sens otherwise. The problem is "littering". As we experiment with various processing options and what not, under various dummy Color Setup names, when we create the snapshot and approve, all that garbage turns up in the FinalOutput drop down menu. And it's very, VERY easy to pick the wrong DeviceCondition. Not only that, it quickly becomes confusing.

While I'm at it, there is also the problem of the way DeviceConditions are "named" in the drop down menu, in the Final Output Process Template.

The way you have it now, you use a mask that does not put emphasis on the Screening, Substrate and Other parts of the DeviceCondition: who needs to have 2/3 of the mask consumed by repetitious "Offset press - Heatset Web, CMYK"???? I think you allocate 17 characters in all for the screening name. I guess the same can be said for the variables that are output on the plates. To me, there should be a "smarter" treatment of that information.

Roger

david.herder
01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
It does not make sens otherwise. The problem is "littering". As we experiment with various processing options and what not, under various dummy Color Setup names, when we create the snapshot and approve, all that garbage turns up in the FinalOutput drop down menu. And it's very, VERY easy to pick the wrong DeviceCondition. Not only that, it quickly becomes confusing.

I agree. We are working on a solution that will allow you to choose the Color Setup on output (as is the case in Evo), thus filtering the device names appropriately.

While I'm at it, there is also the problem of the way DeviceConditions are "named" in the drop down menu, in the Final Output Process Template.

The way you have it now, you use a mask that does not put emphasis on the Screening, Substrate and Other parts of the DeviceCondition: who needs to have 2/3 of the mask consumed by repetitious "Offset press - Heatset Web, CMYK"???? I think you allocate 17 characters in all for the screening name. I guess the same can be said for the variables that are output on the plates. To me, there should be a "smarter" treatment of that information.

Agreed. This is much better in ColorFlow 1.2, where the Device Type "Offset - Heatset Web" string is not included at all in the device condition name. Saves many characters.