View Full Version : Selected ColorSetup is not captured by Refine Log -- why?

01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
How is anyone going to control/confirm/validate that the expected ColorSetup was "applied" during Refine if the Refine Log does not capture that information?

Unless I'm missing something.

01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I just found out by looking at the FinalOutput Log that the ColorSetup is not captured either?

01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I can tell you for certain that when the refine tries to apply the CF setup and something isn't working it sends you a NICE BIG RED X.

01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
The Color Setup and Snapshot are displayed via a Visible Column in workshop. In history, for refine the PCO is logged to history. For refine, the destination device condition is logged to history.

01-20-2011, 02:02 AM

While it is "nice" to have the Destination Device Condition logged, it is useless for tracing back to the ColorOutput that was used? If you remember our discussion about multiple GCR strenghths out of a common DeviceCondition earlier, you can appreciate how only having the DeviceCondition logged does not say anything about which associated ColorSetup was actually used to image the plate. Further, I'd even like to have the detail of the DL to show up somewhere in the log too.