PDA

View Full Version : Job Import

rogerB
01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
When importing a job into an existing job that does not have ColorFlow Enabled, and knowing that the pages were originally refine *without* ColorFlow active, why does enabling ColorFlow into the new job will work on output? I always was under the impression that pages had to be refined with some ColorSetup activive in order to be color managed with ColorFlow.

Roger

david.herder
01-25-2011, 10:07 PM
If you have the job enabled for ColorFlow, the output process will assume you are using the Job Default Color Setup and Snapshot during the refine.

rogerB
01-26-2011, 01:48 PM
But David, we're talking about a job that was exported at another Prinergy site, where we know ColorFlow was NOT enabled during the Refine. That's my point, why doesn't this kind of workflow triggers an error? Why? I'd like to understand the logic. Not that it displeases me.

Roger

david.herder
01-26-2011, 04:41 PM
The same behaviour exists regardless of whether or not the job was exported from another site.

1. Refine a file in a job that is not ColorFlow enabled. The Refine PT must have ColorFlow disabled for this to succeed. No input conversion color management occurs in this refine, you're simply adding files for the purpose to get them into a job.
2. Now you decide to enable ColorFlow to use CF grey balance curves and/or DVLs on output. It seems silly to have to re-refine those files. Simply enable the Job to be ColorFlow Enabled in Job Attributes, and the output process will use the Color Setup and snapshot defined in the Job attributes dialog.

Yet another benefit of ColorFlow.