View Full Version : Error when reading charts

01-27-2011, 05:35 PM
In Colorflow I created a 280mm x 432mm chart. I got three forms and printed it to our HPZ2100. Form 1 of 1 read in with no problems. However when I try and read in Form 2 and I get to row AC I get "Error measuring row AC". Weird that Form 1 and Form 2 Row AA and AB read in flawlessly.

I am using an i1 Pro and reading the targets in by hand (our i1 i0 table is in for repairs).

Any thoughts?

01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
It could just be a mis-scan for row AC. When you re-scan the row, is it accepted? Maybe you read it after just having a coffee (jitters :)? Or, you could need another coffee. Just kidding.

Seriously, it could just be a mis-scan.

01-27-2011, 06:38 PM

I tried to rescan several times but no go. I even suspended the measurements, closed Colorflow relaunched it and I get the same thing. AA and AB read in fine but not AC.

Definitely not coffee jitters. Could be too much homebrew.

01-27-2011, 07:06 PM
That happens to me often with both of my handheld I1s. The only way I can resolve it is by restarting the computer.

At some point in time it was extremely bad but I replaced the USB cable and it helped.

01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Very strange. Check to ensure that the preview on the screen matches the physical row AC on the measured proof. If it is still failing, then there could be something in the application that is failing. We can tell more with the run.log that is located in the log folder of the client application. Best thing to do is open a call with the RC if you continue to have problems.

01-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I restarted and it still didn't work.

I swapped out the cable and switched to a different Eye1 (rev D vs Rev A) and it seems to be working.

Now the big question, was it the cable or the device???

I'll switch cables and Eye1's again and see if I can single one out. I'll let everyone know what I find.

01-28-2011, 06:33 PM
So the plot thickens. When I finished reading my 3 pages I (intentionally) didn't save the data and figured I would start from scratch and guess what?

When I get to Form 2, row AC, I get "Error measuring row AC". Same as before. New cable and new Eye1.

Guess I'll open a case with the RC.