View Full Version : Device Link flavor

02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Keeping CMY and C+M, C+Y and Y+M "pure" is a device link policy I, personally, don't adhere to. But, in the present ColorFlow version, that's the way it is.

I found I worked quite to untangle the simple question : how are colorbars color managed relative to job elements.

It's clear now to me that colorbars are managed as per my choice of TVI or Gray Balance curves. As long as I keep "Process Marks" unchecked in the Final Output Process Template, that's what happens. Which is good since this is the same behavior as in the past, through Harmony curves.

But I'm still not clear on what happens to the job's graphics? Out of the Device Link Profile.

In the "tertiary" colors, I think I might find a sensible answer. But in the primaries and secondaries, I confess I'm lost, since, as I wrote above, it's not ColorFlow's present policy to offer the user the option of color matching those elements as well.

Yet, it is easy enough to tell that the primaries and secondaries and their "children" (process color tints and their overprints) do get matched in some way because their output values are not the same as those off the process marks, aka color bars.

What I don't understand is how are they matched?

Are they matched in Lightness values or what?

I just can't follow the logic of the transform.

Sorry to be so dense / Roger Breton