PDA

View Full Version : ColorFlow client crashing

JCannon6tb
04-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Every time I hit the "Measurements" button I get the following error and then ColorFlow shuts down.

OS 10.6.7
4 gb RAM

Windows 2003
4 gb RAM

ColorFlow version 1.1.6.2.676

Shutdown, restarted, uninstalled, re-installed. Nothing has helped.

Restarted Mac, PC, Prinergy, Prinergy Server. Any ideas?

david.herder
04-02-2011, 07:56 AM
If you have the Workflow Edition and are doing this for a proofing device, you cannot generate a profile (only Pro Workflow has this capability). This is, of course, not a nice error. In 1.1.6.3 (Prinergy 5.1.2.3), you get a more meaningful error.

Cheers,
Dave

JCannon6tb
04-02-2011, 09:41 AM
It is the workflow edition but there is no proofing device. I am just trying to make an input curve for my Prinergy refine templates following the instructions from eCentral. It was working (not crashing) for about 3 days until it started today. I had clicked the measurement button many times without a crash before today.

Any ideas on how to get it back working like it was before today?

Also, I have checked the eCentral download area and there is no download for Prinergy 5.1.2.3.

david.herder
04-02-2011, 04:22 PM
What is the device type that you are using?

JCannon6tb
04-02-2011, 05:03 PM
CMYK Reference Device in this case. It started when I was trying to do this. See attached. But it also does it on the Color Sample Setup installed with ColorFlow. Also if I add my Offset - Heatset Device it does it. It does it anywhere you have the orange "measurement" button.

david.herder
04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
You will have to log a case with the response center. There is a known problem when trying to do this with a proofing and CMYK reference, but this should not happen with a press device type.

Log files (run.log) and perhaps your colorstore will need to be collected.

Dave

JCannon6tb
04-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I will log the case Monday. Thanks for your input.