View Full Version : Change Mark Default/binding style

05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Is it possible to do these 2 things?

1-change the default center fold mark in gutter crosshair from .5 to .125?

2-change the default binding style from perfect bound to flat work?

I am using Mac Preps 5.2

05-01-2006, 01:12 PM
You can change the Defaults in the .cfg file

1.) The center fold mark should be like this in the .cfg file:
This is default: -AMERICAN_CENTER_MARK_LENGTH:36.0000
This is what you want: -AMERICAN_CENTER_MARK_LENGTH:9.0000

2.) Binding Style is:
I am not sure but try this: -DEFAULTBINDINGSTYLE:1

Brian Cupp

Bart Samplonius
02-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Since a couple of months we're running Preps with a floating license. When I edit the default.cfg or the PrepsPrinergy.cfg on my local machine to change the default bindingstyle nothing happens. I've also tried to change the .cfg file on the AraxiPreps volume but again nothing has been changed. Is it possible to change the bindingstyle while working with the floating license?

Thanks for any help.

Prinergy - Preps 5.2.1 - OSX 10.4.8

02-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Brian is right about the 2 default configuration questions.

- If you are launching Preps as a stand alone application from your local Mac or Windows workstation then editting the local default.cfg file will change your default settings for Preps.
- If you are launching Preps from within Prinergy Workshop, then you must edit the "...\AraxiPreps\Profiles\PrepsPrinergy\PrepsPrinerg y.cfg.template" file. You'll notice that there are only a few lines entered in this file by default. If you want to change a default setting for Preps when launched from Prinergy you need to add the line for the setting you want to change. It's easiest to copy/paste each line you want to change from the default.cfg into this file. When Preps is launched the next time, these new defaults will be applied.

Bart Samplonius
02-08-2007, 08:05 AM

Thanks for your support. Everything works fine for me now.

Bart Samplonius
02-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Something strange is happening now... After changing the file PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template on the AraxiPreps volume my customized marks are fine, but the default bindingstyle is not working properly. After starting Preps from within Prinergy, I can go to Preps and create a new job. In this case I can select Signatures and the default bindingstyle is Flatwork which is OK, but... when I go to Prinergy and choose Create New Imposition and select Signature in Preps the default bindingstyle is still Perfectbound instead of Flatwork??????

Prinergy - Preps 5.2.1