View Full Version : Migration to ColorFlow

04-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone has migrated partially or completely from harmony to ColorFlow for live jobs. While in the partial stage, did you have some ColorFlow enabled jobs and some regular jobs? Did anyone ColorFlow enable all jobs but not necessarily output them with ColorFlow enabled process templates? Would there be any problems with doing it this way?

04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
We got real gutsy and enabled ColorFlow for one customer.

For this customer we are using ColorFlow full on, from job creation, and refining to plating. For proofing we typically send everything to our GMG rip that is set up with GRACoL and Fogra 29 hot folders. But for this customer we let ColorFlow do everything so when it gets to the GMG rip we dump it into a non-color managed hot folder.

We had some previous Harmony curves that we working well for their work so I exported a transfer curve out of Harmony and imported it into ColorFlow and the customer didn't have any complaints so the color must have been close. :)

We're still a little gun shy to go all in.

04-19-2011, 09:33 PM
We migrated completely when ColorFlow was in beta if you can believe it. The ride was bumpy at times, but things are running smoothly now.

04-20-2011, 03:45 AM
I tried but failed miserably. The documentation seems to be geared to those that already know how to use the software instead of teaching someone how to start at the very beginning and learn the system.