PDA

View Full Version : G7 Certification using ColorFlow and Ink Optimizer

Gregster
05-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I would like to know if using Kodak ColorFlow w/ Kodak Ink Optimizer if we would still pass G7 Certification, I know that the stats look great but since the Ink Optimizer is pulling all the Cyan, etc.. and swapping in Black it really is the opposite of G7 to achieve good gray balance. If anyone has passed using this setup please respond.
Thanks,
Greg

smeyer
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM
We are wondering the same thing. We are optimizing the pages when we refine and targeting the Gracol and SWOP profiles, which changes the CMYK percentages. Can we still get G7 certified?

ARothenberger
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
The way I see it is this... You use the G7 process for initial press setup and calibration. You get your 3 color gray balance and all is well. I saw a great quote on this, "Printing a neutral 3-color gray is kinda' like riding a wheelie: it's exhibits a great amount of balance and control, but on the whole is a pretty impractical way to travel." When you add the ink optimization you are just adding another step for more control on press. Also, depending on what you have in your color bar you can still read for gray balance because the ink optimizer shouldn't affect your press marks.

Scott Piotrowski
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
We used ink optimization during our last G7 certification. In actuality it made achieving gray easier. Our certification run passed.