View Full Version : Colorflow not keeping White Point settings...

05-24-2011, 10:11 PM
After re-profiling one of our Epson 9800s I noticed it wasnt printing right. The whites were completely blown out.

When I opened up Colorflow I found that the white point settings were being set to Zero. see image...

I figured it was corrupt so I tried creating a whole new setting, device, etc...
Same results. It keeps the whitepoint settings after taking a snapshot and after approval, but once I close Colorflow and re-launch colorflow, the whitepoint is back to zero.

help... My proofer is pretty much useless at this point.

05-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Looks like I have to upgrade to Going to be a long night.

05-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Awesome. Update failed. Prinergy down. Praying techs can get me back up. =(

05-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Thank you Vancouver for getting us back up. And thank you to the other techs that helped last night.

05-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Just an update. I had a heck of a time getting my proofers back to where they were supposed to be despite the update. Although I was able to hold the white point in the paper background, it was doing something weird to the images/live area. White areas and highlights were getting this weird stepping/posterized effect. Even when trying Smooth Adjustment on or off.

It took multiple attempts of reloading the color measurements, redefining, and readjusting the white point for it to finally start working again. I'm not even sure what did the trick.