PDA

View Full Version : Pandora?

mark_jetzer
01-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Can we add Pandora sections to the Applications?

tim.staut
01-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Can we add Pandora sections to the Applications?

I'd second this request...

mack
01-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I also would like this forum.

rob.morgan
01-26-2006, 05:16 PM
How about using the Packaging Workflow forum for Pandora discussions?

lmacdonald
01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi Pandora Users,

We can add a Pandora forum - our approach was to keep general forums until there is sufficient critical mass to split off a particular topic to a sub-forum - our concern was that if we don't have critical mass - the traffic on the new forum won't add enough value to the subscribers.

Can we start pandora issues in the Packaging workflow forum - and I will monitor it to make sure that if we do have critical mass (I can run a poll) that we do indeed split it out?

Thanks,
Lesley

mark_jetzer
01-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm I blind, I can't find the Packaging Workflow forum.

lmacdonald
01-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi Mark,

I'm having fun :)

The packaging workflow forum is (from the GUA forums link at the top left) - under Packaging Printers/Workflow.

Let me know if you don't locate it and I'll check to make sure it's visible to you.

Best regards,
Lesley

mark_jetzer
01-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I really like this new format. I can see my productivity going down, down, down. Nope, I can't it.

Must be growing pains.

lmacdonald
01-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi Mark,

I'll check your permissions on the system - maybe I need to adjust them for you :)

Back to you shortly...

Lesley

lmacdonald
01-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi Mark,

Can you refresh your browser and let me know if you see the packaging printer category now? I made a change to your permissions :)

Thanks,
Lesley

mark_jetzer
01-26-2006, 06:51 PM
All set, thanks much.

Ok, back the beginning. I guess the packaging forum will do for Pandora for now.

jlinville
02-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I can't seem to find this "Workflow" forum you speak of either.

Why are permissions needed? Either you are a memeber or not?

I thought this was going to be simple/easy to use? Yet, everytime I come here things are moved and different. Is there another link I am missing here?

jlinville
02-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Okay I have an answer to my own question.

If I am not logged in, I can only see only x amount of information. If I am logged in, then I can more information.

Interesting, puzzling and annoying. But there you have it.

lmacdonald
02-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi all,

I can explain it for you. (a description also exists in the Introduction forum)

There are public forums - which anyone can read or post to - these are the ones that you see when you are not logged in.

There are members only forums - where you must be a GUA member to participate - for these you have to log in - this is to protect the conversations and to make sure that we understand who is participating on the forums.

The forums you have access to is based on your GUA membership level - if you have complex workflow & output devices - you have access to everything. If you only have a scanner or a proofer - you have access to the public forums plus the ones that are for scanners, or proofers. If you have software only (like preps) you have access to the public forums only.

The reason we need to protect the conversations of members is because we want as much as possible to retain the openess and frankness of the communication we have with one another and with Kodak.

If you have additional questions or concerns - feel free to email me directly.

Best regards,
Lesley