View Full Version : Prinergy error - automatic mounting command

07-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi, having a problem using PW. I have our jobs server mounted and can create jobs, VPS, generate proofs ect but each time I try to open the job folder or PDF from within PW I encounter the following Mac error:

Connection Failed - the server may not exist or is not operational at this time. Check the server address or IP connection and try again.

Which is followed by a notice saying that the automatic mounting command failed to mount the server, try mounting the server manually and lists the server PW is looking for. This server is mounted everytime the Mac is booted so it's always there and I can access the jobs and files manually but not through PW. It's a minor annoyance that I'd like to fix.

I've checked preferences and pathways but see where in PW the automatic mounting command is located or where the path to the server is located.

Other Mac's in the Dept do not have the same problem and this one was recently cloned from an existing machine.

09-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Offhand, I'd suggest unmounting the volume, and let Prinergy mount it in the manner (AFP vs SMB, IP vs name) that it deems best.
Or unmount and manually pre-mount it in the same manner as the rest of your Macs (do "get info" on the volume on the other Macs to find out).

Hope that points you in a helpful direction.

10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Check your volumes on Finder (Shift+Apple+g from finder) and see if you have any extra folder aliases. Unmount all servers and then delete the aliases.