PDA

View Full Version : Spot color problems

islutz
05-04-2006, 03:29 PM
I am trying to setup a signature were when I send it to the RIP it will separate the 4 color and label with flat identification text mark. But if there is a spot color is on that flat it will also separate it to it own plate and label it, but if no spot is present nothing will separate. I have tried to use the Registration mark that come with Preps but if I have a Spot color on my front plate the back plate will pickup the info and separate the marks. I cannot get Preps to label my spot color at all. If I send blank template (meaning no registration or identification marks) with spot and 4 color images on it and the RIP separates everything fine. But once I try to put marks on it everything goes crazy. Can anyone give me some help with this?

stevell72
05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I would love to help 1st are you useing prinergy? if so can you export that job and send it to me? Im not clear on what your trying to achive but im here to try and help! I have preps and prinergy standing by !
as you can tell im not busy!
my phone# is 210-923-0076
steve

islutz
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't use Prinergy. We send everything out of Preps 5.2 as a PDF to the Harlequin 7.0 RIP. What I am trying to accomplish is labeling all the plates with job name, plate #, reg marks, and color info. We do that now by specifying each color (being CMYorK) in separate text blocks. We are getting more color units on our press so we can also run spot colors along with 4C.

stevell72
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Cool are you letting the flat identifier line do the color nameing for all colors? You said your adding a text block for the plates, you would have to put the PMS plate name in a matching PMS color( Mark Color) or use the Custom SSi color and remap it to your PMS plate in order for it to apperar on the plate with the color. Can you compress the preps template (.sit) and send it to me?
steve.langston@cenveo.com
steve

islutz
05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
I used a Pantone color and everything worked fine. our art dept uses there own colors, which will have to be changed. But I still have one question in the RIP why are the other plate in the job picking up color info picking up color even if I go in and make the marks K only. For instance Plate 1 hase 4C Plate 2 is fine and PLate 3 has 4 color plate and they are all blank.

stevell72
05-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Im not sure what it looks like are you getting the image you need on the plate without the marks ? or is the marks there but not the image or is everything blank
steve

islutz
05-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Everything is blank on the 3rd plate, but i still get plates. I should only be getting a K plate but I also get CM&Y plates. It seem like it is picking up info from the 1st plate. Does that make any sense?

stevell72
05-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Everything is blank on the 3rd plate, but i still get plates. I should only be getting a K plate but I also get CM&Y plates. It seem like it is picking up info from the 1st plate. Does that make any sense?
If there is any color in "Registration" Color it will output a plate
steve

islutz
05-04-2006, 06:57 PM
They are just blank pages put in the runlist from preps and when you look at the plate it is completly blank. This is the first time I have used the smart marks. I don't know if that hase anything to do with it.

stevell72
05-04-2006, 07:31 PM
What are the smartmarks colors ill look into my preps
steve

stevell72
05-04-2006, 07:42 PM
It might be assigning the smart mark to the blank pages, ill check into it
steve