View Full Version : Colourbar lost on PDF based job

05-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Are there special requirements for using Dupmarks in PREPS?

I have colourbars setup as dupmarks on the bulk of templates in PREPS. These work correctly when imposing / previewing postscript based jobs but when job is switched to a pdf native the colourbar does not preview or printout.

Files being used for Colourbars are a combination of the default PREPs colourbars and custom bars that I have generated (Eg. Blk + 3 spots)

Any thoughts?

PREPS 5.1.5 (Mac)
G5 D2 2.5/160/SD

05-08-2006, 01:33 PM
You need to make sure that in addition to your EPS mark, you also have created a PDF mark of the same file. Store it in the same place as the EPS marks and Preps will use the PDF version for PDF>PDF jobs.

05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
…And when I created pdfs of my custom colourbars, they sometimes had a letter-sized bounding box, which forced the bars outside of Preps' templates masking box and rendered them invisible.

I fixed them by opening in Illustrator or PitStop and adjusting the media box to the dimensions of the bar (usually something like 13" x 0.2").

05-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Corresponding PDF versions of colourbars are in marks folders.

Adjusted bounding boxes in pitstop for pdf files, colourbars now working for PDF files.

Thanks Guys.

05-10-2006, 11:20 PM
You're welcome!

PS; There's one more thing I found out today--if you adjust the pdf colorbar in Illustrator, the color mode for the document must be set to CMYK not RGB, otherwise the pure 100% colors become mixes for some reason.