View Full Version : spectro

01-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what spectro seems to be the best product to use with colorflow.

01-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Does anyone have any opinion on this at all. What does kodak recommend as the best solution?

01-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I am using the X-Rite Isis. Like it very much and it's pretty quick at the reads, with much issue.

01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Are you using the XL or the smaller one. We do have an XL, but I had heard there were issues.

01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
We are using the EyeOne iO and I have only one complaint. The static mat can sometimes cause issues.

For instance if you print a two sided form, i.e. you back the Colorflow chart up with itself the extra ink can cause issues where there isn't enough "power" on the iO table the pull the sheet down completely flat. This is only an issue for us on gloss stock. It works fine for matte and offset.

Plus I like the fact that I can use the EyeOne for other things. It's not just a dedicated strip reader.

06-28-2012, 08:25 AM
We are using the eye-one iSis XL without any real issues. It reads charts printed on our B1 12 Unit Speedmasters. We profile both sides so theres lots of chart reading here. The only issue I have had is you have to be quick when feeding the chart through the iSis once you have OK'd the next sheet to be read in Colorflow.

Martin Strevens

L&S Printing, UK.

06-28-2012, 09:46 AM
We use the small Isis.
It has a better head in it. The IO was originally designed for measuring screens and as a hand held it is slower, and not as accurate (the angle you hold it at can vary the results - even using the ruler). Also the head in the Isis is the same as used in the Heidelberg XLs