PDA

View Full Version : ORIS Color Tuner and paper simulation...

NDanger
06-05-2012, 08:08 PM
We are running an EPSON 9900 with ORIS ColorTuner 5.5.2. We apply a SWOP 3 paper grade to every proof in our SWOP 3 Hot Folder. There are 2 other hot folders used for in house proofing that don't need the simulation. It seems everytime we calibrate, all of the hot folders revert to having the simulation.

We used to have a color guru in the Corporation that would fix this. Unfortunately, that division doesn't exist anymore and are now trying to figure it out for ourselves. We have basically turned over every rock and peeked in every nook/cranny etc and can't find one iota referencing it.

Could it be that it's built in to the cal profile we are using? If the cal profile isn't present in hot folder, the color is way off however, the simulation is gone.

I found a check box under Print Layout>Apply Filter which puts in 5% CMYK. However, if disabled, it doesn't remove simulation.

ND

suec@foresightgroup.net
06-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Is there any references to Rendering Intents? Here is some information from the Prinergy help to lead you in the right direction . . .

Select Relative Colorimetric if the proofing paper is similar to the paper that will be used during final output.

Select Absolute Colorimetric to simulate the color of the paper that will be used during final output.

NDanger
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Sue, thanks for your reply...

Are you referring to the Prinergy Process Plan or in the ORIS Hot Folder?

Some of our files are sent thru Prinergy while others are sent direct...

THanks and will look into this on the ORIS...

Nd

suec@foresightgroup.net
06-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm thinking you should check the hotfolder setup on ORIS if that is where the problem seem to be popping up, there may be some sort of paper simulation attached to the hotfolder.

goin440
04-24-2013, 09:57 PM
In the linearization, calibration, and color correction processes you may see this screen. I zeroed it out and lost the simulation.

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y356/goin440/OrisPaperwhite_zpsd0f38556.jpg

NDanger
04-25-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm thinking you should check the hotfolder setup on ORIS if that is where the problem seem to be popping up, there may be some sort of paper simulation attached to the hotfolder.

It seems when doing the calc, it would lose it's (no background) simulation profile. The last few times we have calibrated, it's been holding...

Thanks...