PDA

View Full Version : Back to Basics

Patti Schimpf
07-26-2012, 10:00 PM
This may sound awkward, but we're still using Harmony for our plate curves and calibration. So, if we run a "linear" plate, we set both the plate curve and print calibration to %NONE%; however there's not a %NONE% profile in the Harmony queue. How can I make sure that %NONE% is really %NONE% and someone hasn't gone and messed with it *accidentally*, throwing off readings?
We're trying to get back to "ZERO" but plates with the curves set to %NONE% are not reading 5%=5%, 10%=10%, etc. It just seems like there's a curve on the %NONE% queue somewhere.

Thanks for any pointers.

Patti

JCannon6tb
07-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Patti, %NONE% will not usually give you a linear plate. It is a starting point you have to use to create a linear curve.

Patti Schimpf
07-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the reply! Does a %NONE% profile actually exist somewhere on Prinergy or would you suggest just running a %NONE% plate and using those readings to create a starting point?

JCannon6tb
07-27-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure %NONE% means to not use any profile. I run a plate that way and read the scale and plug those numbers in my source curve, create a target curve that is linear and then create a calibration curve from those two curves which then should give you a linear plate.

Patti Schimpf
07-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks!