View Full Version : Smart Text "Signature name" variable

05-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Is there a PREPs smart text variable ($xxxx) that prints the NAME of the signature from a template, on the imposition?

If not, what is involved in creating a variable, can it be done easily?

I would be like to be able to see Eg. "8pp W&T 4col" on the side of the printed sheets.

The current option is just to add this as static text when the signature is created.

PREPS 5.1.5
MacOS 10.3.9
G5 D2 2.5/160/SD

05-30-2006, 12:55 PM
I don't know if you use prinergy or not. But I have noticed that the marks are generaly the same just that preps doesn't use the brackets. For prinergy this should work. $[Signature] or $[SIG] for preps you might try $Signature or $SIG Post back to let us know if this works or not. Because if not I am sure someone on the forums will have an answer. Hope it helps.

05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
The $sig variable works fine, putting stuff like "4 outer" & "4 inner" on imposed flats.

What I was looking for was a way to automatically include the name that I assigned to a signature on the signature via a smart text variable. (Again, currently I can create a static text mark with the name of the signature, but this has to be generated for each signature. If it was possible to do this via a smartmark, it could be imported with all the other marks).

Just a thought. Thanks for the response.

05-31-2006, 03:45 PM