PDA

View Full Version : Template with a lot of impositions

jcannon
01-26-2006, 08:01 PM
When you get a lot of different impositions into one template it eventually does not show up when you open the template. By that I mean you have to scroll to the right to see them when you open the file. It stores all of the impositions in a single column. Is there a way to make them display in multiple columns? Like when they reach the bottom of the window, make themn scroll into the next column?

bm
01-30-2006, 10:00 AM
It would be really great to have some improvements on this. We have templates with more than 30 impositions and its hard to work with them.

sequoyah
01-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Sooner or later we all have to deal with the problem of how to organise our templates and signatures.

Preps allows for a template to have several signatures, but it is up to the user to use some logic as to why those signatures belong in that template. It sounds like you may need to rethink the rationale used for having all those signatures in that template. What is the organizing principle? It could be the customer, the sheet size, the press, the plate size, the binding style, etc. I agree that 30 signatures in one template is a bit on the high side. I don't think that I have any with as many as 20.

I am attaching a text file of a post I made several years ago on this same subject. Several years later I still use that scheme. I work at a small shop, and we have a modest volume, but it may be a useful read.

Al Ferrari

rhodar
02-10-2006, 12:06 AM
This is not a problem with template organisation, it is a bug with Preps. initially when you set up a template it puts all the signatures in a column down the middle of the page (which is fine) but once you reach a certain number it decides for some unknown reason to shunt all the signatures to the right hand side (I don't know how many signatures it takes before it happens but I have at least one template in which it has occurred). I have a wide screen so all the sigs still show up on screen but if I add any more to the template that may well change.

As bm said, it would be nice to have this fixed :)

Rhodar
Toolbox Imaging Limited
New Zealand