View Full Version : Print trim box in proofer

06-01-2006, 11:01 PM

When printing imposition on my HP5500, it would be nice if Preps can print automaticaly a "hairline" around each page (Trim box). With this, I can see if each pages have bleed. Of course, the hairline box must be in an Pantone overprint color, because I don't want the hairline on the plates..

I know that there is a single command "just a click" in Brisque (improof), but now, we use Rampage... and not solution at all (Rampage 10.2.50 - the last release).

Can you help me ?

Thank you

Laurent (France)

06-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Have you tried to create and save guides on the monitor proof of the .sig file?
Then when you Que the proof you can "modify output params" and next to the GUIDES pulldown in the profile window, select the guides you created on the monitor proof for that/those sig/s. (do not apply guides in the original profile) These will print as long gray dash lines on the proof. Will never appear as a color plate anywhere.
Just a thought.

06-02-2006, 02:28 AM
See Tech Note 80121 at:

https://ecentral.creo.com/eCentral/Self_Support/Knowledgebase/knowledgebase.asp?redirect=/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=10,E=0000000000012535477,K=2750,Sxi=7,Problem= 39075,remove=case&page=problem

06-02-2006, 07:57 PM
This may be the long road but it works well for us. We use Prinergy so I'm not sure if it will work the same for you. We utilize the marks in Preps to build grids around the pages and identify them using the SSI colors (typically SSI100, but others can be used as well). We then bring in the imposition and tell Prinergy to tag the lines as a spot color with a transparent appearance.

If this helps or you need more info let me know.

Eric Erickson
Prepress Systems Administrator
Clear Lake Press, Inc.
(507) 835-4430