PDA

View Full Version : Xrite iO table with i1 Pro? (Used)

dannigd
03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Has anyone bought a used Xrite iO table with i1 Pro? Are there any pros or cons on buying used in other words has anyone had any trouble if you did buy used?

Thanks,
Danni

rriegger
03-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Danni,

We have not bought anything used but... We've had an i1io table for several years. Other than replacing the glider ring which is cheap and user serviceable it has been rock solid. I believe X-Rite charges a flat rate of $750(?) to repair an i1io table.

As far as the i1 Pro, we have 5 ranging from 1-7(?) years old. We sent one in recently and X-Rite told us it was basically dead and too old to repair. I feel we got our money's worth so it wasn't disappointing. Our track record with the i1 has been really good. We have a couple on our Nexpresses and the operators tend to manhandle them but they've held up well.

We are in the process of sending our i1io table in to have the arm retrofitted to accept the new i1 Pro2. Once it is retrofitted it will accept both the original i1 Pro and i1 Pro2. X-Rite charges $750 for this update.

If the price is right I wouldn't be too afraid. I'm very happy with the combo and use ours regularly.

On a side note we also have an iSys and I can't stand it. I've never been a big fan of strip readers. It may take 10 minutes to read a chart only to have it error out at the end because it was crooked.

Just my .02, I hope it helps.

Rick

Rick

dannigd
03-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Thanks Rick,

We went ahead and bought a new Xrite I0 table. I am glad to hear from someone that they really hold up well. Our i1 Pro is quite old but still does it's job. Thanks again for the input.

Danni