PDA

View Full Version : Grayscale only color setup

Saulius
04-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Hi,

have anybody experienced such problem ? We need K-only color setup for our web presses (printing of books content files). In pre-colorflow configuration in the refining process we convert all content files to grayscale.
In CF I've created CI with Fogra39 and PCO with our cmyk2gray.icc profile. CF refuses to create devicelink between them (the link is always gray rather green ).
Furthermore, I've created a devicelink Fogra39 to cmyk2gray.icc. After importing that dvl CF shows the message:
"<JobProcessor.java run 117> java.lang.Error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)
com.kodak.colorsetup.data.model.process.JobProcess or$QueueProcessor.run(JobProcessor.java:117)"

and crashes.

Without possibility of converting CMYK to K in ColorFlow our workflow becomes much more complicated than it was before.

Our cmyk2k.icc is attached.

Thank you for any suggestions.

DYoderz1f
07-28-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm also not finding any way to convert a 4color input file to grayscale or k only with ColorFlow. I've felt like colorflow is practically unusable ever since it came out. I'm just feeling like Kodak doesn't put enough into developing this software. This is about the 3rd time I've tried to implement colorflow in our shop and each time I see improvements, but there are still brick walls that I hit along the way and I am forced to just give up. I can't be running some jobs with colorflow and others without, it's just silly to have to do that.

RonYnzunza
08-13-2014, 11:21 PM
I manually convert the profile in Acrobat Pro. Colorflow does not work if I have some pages I need to convert to black only and some pages that are color.
View>tools>print production>convert colors> conversion profile: Dot Gain 20

Saulius
08-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi, Ron.

I agree with you that there are manual options to deal with colors outside of Prinergy, but actually I mean not a possibility but a productivity of the process. We print monochrome books only except their covers. Prepress operators process books content pdf's with special Prinergy process template that converts all pages to grayscale regardless are they already in gray or not. So we don't analyze each content pdf for colors. Saving a work time is at the highest priority. Moving to ColorFlow creates more manual work that it was before.

I manually convert the profile in Acrobat Pro. Colorflow does not work if I have some pages I need to convert to black only and some pages that are color.
View>tools>print production>convert colors> conversion profile: Dot Gain 20