PDA

View Full Version : file name onto imported impo through RBA

21c
06-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Hello
I am looking for a bit of help we have create a automated workflow using RBA our customer can supply anything between 2 files to 20 files all the same size
when we activate the rule it works but the only issue we have is all the impos that are imported have the same name eg the job number, the problem we have is when this is sent to the nexpress the operator has no idea what the run is as the customer supplies a excel spreadsheet with the qty and this will tie in with the file name. So I would like the file name to be on the imported impo so when it is sent over to the nexpress it is easier for the operator to identify the file is this possible.

sychsasha
06-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Not sure how your workflow is setup, but if you use import imposition, you can specify "imposition name". Might have to play with some variables to make sure you get the desired result though. You could try something like %triggerEvent.RunListPositions.Pages.Files.FileNam e%, but I am not sure if it will do the trick.

Alex

jcallis
06-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Also you could possibly use the filename of each input file to name your pageset. Then reference the pageset name when producing the file for the nexpress.

John

Bill Riley
06-04-2015, 05:49 PM
You could create a custom field at the imposition level, have it populate with the input file name (if that is the approriate name) and thn use a pdf variable mark to put that where you want it.

If these are gang running you could try something similar at the page level but that may be trickier. But there is a variable mark that will show the file name of the page it is closest too.

21c
06-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Hi
thanks for all the feedback it has given us some areas that we will look at

thashimoto
06-08-2015, 03:15 PM
I am not sure how you can force your customer to use strict naming conventions, if customer can supply excel docs, Prinergy 7 can read CSV files just like xml, so that might be the option if you have Prinergy 7.
I don't know if your customer can directly upload to InSite server, and make this happen, if you have another FTP server, you may be able to parse excel doc name to rename uploaded files, then push to hot folder, but I am not sure how your workflow is set up. If you can provide more detail, it would help.