PDA

View Full Version : Variable Data Workflows

dboardmanwar
06-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Looking for suggestions as we examine our Variable data workflow. We are currently on Prinergy 5.1 and are looking to leaping to P7. We use PlanetPress to send all our Variable Data to our Indigo 7500. We are seeing some serious rip time issues at the HP Rip as it seems the files all come through as static - so a 4000 record file would have each record as a static pdf with data combined for each file/record. So its ripping 4000 versions each with the base included. We are trying to look at what best options are? We would love to put everything through a Prinergy workflow and avoid PlanetPress. Just looking for some direction. Thanks

David Boardman
Vision Graphics
Denver Colorado

mclarke-dupli
11-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Prinergy is not a good choice for working/ripping VDP files. We have mistakenly sent large variable data envelope files (we have a high-speed envelope inkjet press) to Prinergy and it grinds through that file MUCH too slowly to be of use.

You also might want to check with Kodak tech support, but I believe there is a limit on the number of pages in a job. Also, there is no facility for doing a merge.

I would look into why the HP 7500 cannot rip the static info once and then merge the variable data on the device.

mike1
11-03-2015, 12:22 AM
We use HPs own Smartstream for variable data.
It's quite adequate for what we do, but I haven't tried it on anything too complex