PDA

View Full Version : Spire 6000 hardware specs

dwyers
06-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Anyone know what the current hardware specs are?

We are running this for our Xerox 5252 and it has Xeon 2.4 (dual cpu? or dual core?) but only has 512mb of ram and seems under specced to me.

We are trying to run PDF Vector sig booklets out of Prinergy (some are 450mb) and it bogs down big time.

I think the ram needs upgrading urgently but want to check what is currently being sold as cpu speed for these boxes.

Dennis Wyers.

tclifford
06-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Dennis,

We have 2 spire 6000's and it is under powered and WAY under RAM'd. We upgraded our boxes to 1.5 GB of RAM and that has made all the difference in the world. The Spire interface is really a resource hog for some reason. There are some significant memory leaks in the software that does not release RAM after it is not needed. Bad design IMHO. The GUI seems to be way sluggish if not rebooted daily. It works, but I would have expected more then dual 2.4's for $50K - tc
Anyone know what the current hardware specs are?

We are running this for our Xerox 5252 and it has Xeon 2.4 (dual cpu? or dual core?) but only has 512mb of ram and seems under specced to me.

We are trying to run PDF Vector sig booklets out of Prinergy (some are 450mb) and it bogs down big time.

I think the ram needs upgrading urgently but want to check what is currently being sold as cpu speed for these boxes.

Dennis Wyers.

dwyers
07-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Dennis,

We have 2 spire 6000's and it is under powered and WAY under RAM'd. We upgraded our boxes to 1.5 GB of RAM and that has made all the difference in the world. The Spire interface is really a resource hog for some reason. There are some significant memory leaks in the software that does not release RAM after it is not needed. Bad design IMHO. The GUI seems to be way sluggish if not rebooted daily. It works, but I would have expected more then dual 2.4's for $50K - tc

WOW is that how much they cost?

I would expect better results as well for that price....

I will pump the ram up and see if we can it cranking.

Dennis Wyers.