PDA

View Full Version : Ink Optimization settings

jharmon
12-19-2016, 07:33 PM
If anyone out there is using ColorFlow for Ink Optimization, can you share what DeviceLink settings are working for you. I have been testing out different settings to try to come up with something that works well for Heated web offset printing in our shop. The ColorFlow manual recommends a TIL between 280-300%, a Black Start between 10 and 25, Maximum Black at 100, and a Black Strength between 75-85%. We have been using it for images only. Not Vector art or text. Kodak recommended that we flatten our PDF files (1.3) before optimizing, but I would like to be able to use it with PDF 1.4 if possible. Sometimes we have to open a subpage pdf while a job is on press to make a quick color correction on the fly. We prefer to optimize during the Refine process. This way we can proof the files with it already done so we can catch any issues up front. The ColorFlow setup is using Gracol 2006 Coated 1 CMYK Reference as our PCO, with Ink Optimizing for our CI. We have profiled our Kodak Approval using ColorFlow, but are using imported Harmony Curves for plates. We can't use ColorFlow for our Epson color proofs because we are using an EFI Rip in place of KPS.
Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

jharmon
02-17-2017, 06:40 PM
I see there were a lot of views of this post, but no replies.
Is anyone even using ColorFlow and Ink Optimizing?