View Full Version : Colorbar solids screened - ?

06-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Got a strange problem. Running Preps 5.2 thru Nexus 8.2.3 to Acento platesetter. Suddenly our color bars are coming out screened ( solids at 91%) on plates sent through one press WF. It's a consistent 91% dot, so bad plates don't seem to be the problem. Plus soilds on actual job are fine.

1. Checked color bar eps file in AI - looks fine.
2. Rebuilt color bar - same result.
3. Output color bar as independent page from preps - solids were fine.
4. Rebuilt press WF - no change.
5. Rebuilt output device in preps - no change.

The same color bar works fine going to other presses. Seems like a preps problem, but where?

06-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Have you just updated from an earlier version?

I had the same problem, it seems the marks folder does not migrate correctly, I fixed this by simply replacing the marks folder in the 5.2 folder with the marks folder from my earlier version.

I hope this helps

06-26-2006, 02:03 AM
Yes, migrated from an earlier version. Will try your suggestion tomorrow - thanks!

07-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Reloaded nexus, built new workflows, seemed to work. Wish I knew what happened though.

07-05-2006, 02:44 PM
We have had that same problem here. All the marks in the template would be screened back from 100%. But the work inside the marks would be fine. Which was a plus at the time. We restored the Nexus workflow and things went back to normal. After doing that we called Nexus to see what may have happened and all they would tell us is the workflow was corrupted.