PDA

View Full Version : Preps PC version on Intel Mac?

dnapier
07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Has anyone had any experience running the Windows version of Preps on a new Intel Mac? How does it perform (voom preview, speed, etc) compared to "regular" PC and to PDF workflow on Mac OS 10.4?
We are looking into replacing an aging IBM machine and would like to be able to run both PC and Mac versions of Preps on same machine.

robert.hammen
07-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Has anyone had any experience running the Windows version of Preps on a new Intel Mac? How does it perform (voom preview, speed, etc) compared to "regular" PC and to PDF workflow on Mac OS 10.4?
We are looking into replacing an aging IBM machine and would like to be able to run both PC and Mac versions of Preps on same machine.

I assume you are talking about using Parallels to run Windows in virtualization (i.e. without rebooting out of Mac OS X into Windows-only mode)?

From everything I've read, performance is at least as good, if not better than, PC's with comparable processors and memory. This solution doesn't have the overhead of VirtualPC (i.e. translating/interpreting processor instructions)...