View Full Version : Grand Master GUA Member

rgoodman
07-27-2006, 03:40 PM
While browsing through the forums, I notice under members names the following:

"New to the forums"

"Seasoned GUA Member"

and

"Grand Master GUA Member"

I was wondering what makes someone a "Grand Master"? Do they have to go through some sort of training ritual, ala Uma Thurman did in the "Kill Bill" movies?

lmacdonald
07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Russ :)

Interesting - I had this question from one of the GUA board members this week as well....

So - you will have noticed that the title (new, member, seasoned member...) are not related to your join date. It is actually related to the number of posts you have contributed to this community.

New = 0 - 10 posts (usually people observe a bit before jumping in....)

Member = >10 posts (getting virtual toes wet...)

Seasoned Member = >30 posts (understand the value and are helping build the community and archive)

Grand Master is new to me - I don't remember setting that one up - so I'll have to go back and look at the configuration (but clearly if it exists - the power of the force must be strong in these ones.....:)

These "titles" allow members to understand who are the people that are the foundation of the online gua - and in future will help us recognize and reward folk for their contribution.

Make sense?

Let me know - I'm interested in your feedback!

Lesley

t.combepine
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Thomas.R Clifford is the Grand Master GUA Member...

rgoodman
07-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Thomas.R Clifford is the Grand Master GUA Member...

Grand Master Clifford also has the largest and most colorful signature, including his own "smiley face" icon built in.

rgoodman
07-28-2006, 02:11 PM
These "titles" allow members to understand who are the people that are the foundation of the online gua - and in future will help us recognize and reward folk for their contribution.

Make sense?

Let me know - I'm interested in your feedback!

Lesley

Lesley: Makes sense to me. But doesn't that make you a GRAND MASTER?

tclifford
07-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Lesley: Makes sense to me. But doesn't that make you a GRAND MASTER?

Let me see if I can share some light on this whole "Grand Master" status. When you edit your profile, you--> well I could, edit my user title, so I added some humor into the mix and made up my own super secret title. Kinda 80's, kinda fun...

Rock on!

rgoodman
07-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Let me see if I can share some light on this whole "Grand Master" status. When you edit your profile, you--> well I could, edit my user title, so I added some humor into the mix and made up my own super secret title. Kinda 80's, kinda fun...

Rock on!

Thomas R. Clifford, Jr.
Grand Master Blaster Funk-a-delic Fresh Prince of Menasha

Party On, Garth!

Yes: It is FRIDAY!