View Full Version : bleed restriction?

07-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know if there is some kind of restriction in preps 4.2.3 that will not allow imposed page items to bleed off of the press sheet? I get template marks past press sheet but not page items. I cheated it by using a larger press sheet, but wasn't sure if there is a setting I'm missing to allow page items to bleed past sheet edge.
nate lightner

07-28-2006, 03:00 AM
I believe that is the way Preps has worked for quite some time. It is trying to help you keep the back cylinder clean, I guess.

There may be a difference in this respect between imposed pages and independent pages. You can test it with a simple test page with large bleeds from any application. Make two sigs in a test template, each having one page on a press sheet of the same size as the page, but one imposed, and the other independent, each one with crop marks. Place your test page in the run list twice and add one of each sig to the signature list. Print to file using an oversized media size and distill the ps and examine in Acrobat to see if the independent one imaged out further than the press sheet.

Al Ferrari