PDA

View Full Version : 5.2.1 - Thanks for Press sheet size device

eduardo
08-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Now we can make press independent JDF and to decide the printing press at Prinergy output stage.

Thanks Preps Devel Team.

rob.lisi
08-28-2006, 05:56 PM
How can we choose the Press sheet size device?

steveburns
08-28-2006, 07:40 PM
How do you implement this feature correctly? Our jobs switch press's often. One of our press's does accommodate a larger sheet size and shorter plate bend.

eduardo
08-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Preps 5.2.1 has a new output device named Press sheet size. All JDF printed from this device will have the sheet size defined at Signature creation (marks anchored outside the sheet will be lost).
Then, you can use the Process Plan Along Height value to place the paper on plate for each press machine.

Regards

steveburns
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Ah...I think I understand. So when writing the JDF it does not render the plate size. Too bad about loosing the marks outside the sheet. We use id tags, like everyone else I'm sure, to label the plates which do not need to be on the sheet. How have you worked around this?

Thanks

Steve

eduardo
08-29-2006, 02:31 PM
You can to use the Marks tab on Prinergy. All my info (Job code, curve, plate control quality, etc) are within a PDF file.

Regards

steveburns
08-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I see. We have always used the marks from Preps. But I will prep a PDF and test it out. This would make life around here a lot more easier. Thanks for all the help.

Steve

Rob Robinson
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
You can to use the Marks tab on Prinergy. All my info (Job code, curve, plate control quality, etc) are within a PDF file.

Regards

Anybody know of a way to get the Marks info PDF imaging in the clamp area of the plate (without throwing offsets awry using 'press sheet size')? We usually use every last bit of space on a press sheet and won't have room for it but would love to have the Marks info on the plate.