PDA

View Full Version : Renamed Templates in Finder doesn't show in Preps

macinfo
09-01-2006, 02:27 AM
I sometimes organize my templates folder by renaming the templates in the finder (in OSX 10.3) but when viewed in Preps, the template names haven't changed! Wondering if there's a quick way to fix this (tried rebuilding permissions and moving the files to another folder, then moving back) or, do I need to open each template and save as... ?

eric.s.provance
09-01-2006, 06:04 AM
Yes preps will only recognize the names you have saved in preps. Can't change them in the folders.

jcannon
09-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I think you need to open the templates and change the name listed in the template info dialog. I think that is where Preps gets the name from.

edwarde
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
You must do a (save as).

dwyers
09-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Preps uses the internal name internally as jcannon said.

Even if you change the name it still makes you alter it and resave.

Frustrating at times.

Dennis Wyers.

tim.bogomolov
09-08-2006, 12:11 AM
It's true, you have to use "Save As" in Preps to get it right.
But there is always other way to do the same stuff. You can open your template in any text editor, find the line starting with "%SSiLayout:". I beleive it will be line number 5. And change whatever you have there to the actual file name.

It looks as even more hustle then just "Save As" in Preps but if you need it on regular base or if you have too many templates you have to rename - do small AppleScript and it will do the job.