View Full Version : Photoshop Text

09-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I've got 2 Photoshop files saved with several different text layers. I loaded the customers fonts, opened them up, saved them as .eps files and clicked on "save vector data". Then, when I RIP them on PS/M 7 with CT edges set to LW res, 1 file works fine. With the other file, when I try to open it with PressTouch, I get a "preseparated files are not supported" message. Does anybody know what I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance

09-05-2006, 08:46 PM
You are not doing anything wrong. The LW edges are generating too many colors for a composite file to handle (I believe the limit is 65,536), so PS/M is separating the file into 4 individual channels which each will not have any more than 256 colors. The file should output fine, but you will have to trap while ripping since you can't open the file in PressTouch for interactive trapping. Brisque 5.1 has a solution that combines similar LW colors in LW edges to stay below the limit that causes the file to separate, not sure if that feature may show up as an update to PS/M 8.1.

09-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Thank you very much for the reply. That's great news as I am trapping while ripping and I don't feel as though I need to really check the rip'd file out as it's all Photoshop.

Thanks again.

09-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm getting ready to output the job now. In the .jpb folder I've got these files:

It will only allow me to output the Cyan channel. If I use the merge feature, all I get is Cyan. Any thoughts?