PDA

View Full Version : Cannot modify template

sakohl
02-01-2006, 05:18 PM
We were having problems with Preps and Rampage and I reinstalled Preps 5, we are currently using Preps 5.0.3. When we select a template a try to modify the multi-colored ball comes up and spins forever, never returning an error. The only way to stop is to force quit. Any ideas?

brian_gibson
02-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Could be a memory problem. Try to increase the RAM allocated to Preps.
Could also be a corrupt file or template. Try sending a file that has worked in the past to see if it still works. If it does, it is likely a problem with the specific job file or template.

Good Luck

Brian Gibson
Spartan Stores Inc
Prepress Supervisor

jcannon
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Since you re-installed Preps the first thing I would try is to "Repair Permissions" and then re-boot the Mac.

brian.cupp
02-01-2006, 10:01 PM
If your templates are stored on a server you might want to copy them to your Local computer and see if the problem persists. It could be a server problem.

k_unverzagt
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
If you are running preps on OSX, get info on the templates folder and see if the permissions are set to read and write and not read only.
K_unverzagt

hostmaster
02-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Since you re-installed Preps the first thing I would try is to "Repair Permissions" and then re-boot the Mac.

Cleaning the caches sometimes helps, too.
I see the color wheel sometimes when previewing pages and i have to force quit. After cleaning the caches (i use Tiger Cache Cleaner) and reboot, it works. I know this is a different situation, but maybe it helps...