PDA

View Full Version : 5.2.1 printing issue

jcannon
09-20-2006, 08:12 PM
In Preps 5.2 and earlier we could print to a device with our sheet size defined as 36" width by 24.625 height and a custom page size defined in the device at the exact same height and width (36" x 24.625"). Now in 5.2.1 it errors out when printing saying the device is smaller than the sheet size. If we move over to our 5.2 installation on a different machine it prints okay. Any ideas?

PS: our other devices still print okay. The only difference is the sheet size in the template is set to 36 width by 45.812 height with the custom page size in the device set set to the same (36" x 45.812"). It prints with no problem. As does another device with the sheet size in the template set to 36 width by 46.8437 height with the custom page size in the device set set to the same (36" x 46.8437").

jweintz
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
We had this problem from hour one. We do something very similar for our proofs. I was told by the tech that other people had their plates going out at the wrong size if they forgot to change the size from one press to another. So the designers decided to abort the jobs if the sizes did not match the original plate size. We talked it over and they thought they could change it over to a warning and not an abort in the next revision. All we could do was to revert back to 5.2.
Jon

jcannon
11-08-2006, 06:25 PM
I happened to stumble on the solution to this last night. I deleted the custom page size and then re-created it exactly the same...same name, same sizes and now it works. I did this on both of our copies of Preps. For some reason it only affected the device size listed above. All of our other custom sizes never had a problem.